Get the process to renew a passport online – renew your passport online process in 2021, people ask after their passport reaches the expiration date. Check out the passport renewal steps here.
- Passport Renewal Guide
- Renew your Passport online Process in 2021
- Filling within the Passport Renewal Application
- Documents Required for Passport Renewal
- Booking a Slot to urge Renewed Passport
- Visiting the Passport Office to Renew Passport
- Difference between Renewal and Reissue of Passports
- Renewal of Short Validity Passport (SVP)
- Important Links for Renew a Passport
- FAQs on Passport Renewal Process
- The Consolation
Passport Renewal Guide
A passport in India is valid for a period of only 10 years. To continue availing the advantages of the passport, the individual must renew the passport before the expiry of 10 years or after the validity expires. A passport is widely accepted as a symbol of identification, address and age. Having a passport is extremely useful because it comes in handy at many points in an individual’s life.
Renew your Passport online Process in 2021
The first step in looking to applying for passport renewal through online requires the applicant to possess a passport account on the official website of Passport Seva. a private can create a passport account by following the steps mentioned below:
- You have to first register for passport renewal on the Passport Seva website.
- If already registered on the web site , you’ll login using the link ‘Existing User Login’.
- If not an existing user, you’ll need to create an account by clicking on ‘New User Register Now’.
- Next, select the passport office closest supported your address.
- Provide the essential details that has name, date of birth etc. and make a login ID and password.
- You will receive an email with an activation link.
- Activate the account using the link within the email.
- Once you’ve got signed in to the passport account, attend the ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport’ tab.
Filling within the Passport Renewal Application
- After creating an account, you’ll need to fill within the online form.
- Click on the ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport’ link and fill within the form.
- Once the shape has been duly filled-in, click on ‘Validate’ to save lots of a replica of the shape .
- You will need to upload the filled-in form and click on ‘Submit’. it’s advisable to verify all information entered before you submit the shape to avoid errors.
Documents Required for Passport Renewal
When a private applies for the renewal of passport, there are certain documents that need to be submitted along side the appliance form. The Passport Seva Kendra website features a ‘Document Advisor’ for renewal of passport. supported the sort of passport being renewed (regular/tatkaal) also because the age of the applicant (minor/adult), documentation would differ. the overall documents for many applications are as follows:
- Original old Passport
- Self-attested copies of the primary two and last two pages of the passport.
- Self-attested copy of the ECR/Non-ECR page.
- Self-attested copy of the page of observation, if any, made by the Passport Issuing Authority.
- Self-attested copy of the validity extension page, if any, with reference to the Short Validity Passport (SVP)
- Proof of documents which eliminate the explanation for issuance of Short Validity Passport (SVP).
Booking a Slot to urge Renewed Passport
After submitting the shape , you’ve got to schedule an interview supported the available slots. the method is listed below:
After logging in to your account, attend the ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’ tab.
Click on the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ link and choose a go back the available slots.
After you’ve got selected a slot, you’ll be directed to the payment gateway as all appointments need to be purchased online. supported the sort of application (normal/tatkaal) and number of pages you’d like in your new passport booklet, the fee will differ.
You can choose between the subsequent payment options:
- SBI Bank challan
- Internet banking
- Credit/debit card (MasterCard and Visa cards only).
After making the payment, click on the ‘Print Application Receipt’ link on-screen. Remember to hold a printout of the receipt which mentions the appliance Reference Number (ARN)/ Appointment Number once you choose the interview.
Visiting the Passport Office to Renew Passport
On the day of your appointment, carry the ARN and every one original documents to the Passport Seva Kendra/Regional Passport Office.
Difference between Renewal and Reissue of Passports
While renewal of the passport is administered within the event that the validity of the prevailing passport expired, a passport is reissued within the event of the following:
- Expired or close to expire passport
- Lost passport
- Stolen Passport
- Exhaustion of pages
- Damaged or soiled passports
- Change in personal details
In the case of renewal of passport, the prevailing passport is given to the individual because the renewed passport while a replacement passport is provided to the individual when he/she applies for a reissue of passport.
- How to apply for new Passport in India 2021 – Full Guide
- Benefits for Dental Insurance plans
- link Your EPF with Aadhaar
Renewal of Short Validity Passport (SVP)
The passport renewal process is sort of simple for SVP. All the individual must do is visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) and file an application for the aim of renewal of Short Validity Passport (SVP).
Short Validity Passports (SVP) are issued in cases like those which are mentioned below:
- Students appearing for exams like SAT, TOEFL, etc
- NRIs who wish to visit India for brief periods
- Non-delivery of passport thanks to loss in transit
- Applicants with pending criminal cases
Important Links for Renew a Passport
FAQs on Passport Renewal Process
How many months before we will renew passport?
You can apply for a re-issue of passport up to 1 year before the expiry and not earlier. However, just in case of any change of private particulars, lost/damaged, Exhaustion of pages you’ll apply for re-issue of passport.
Is it easy to renew passport online?
In the UK, the digital service for getting, renewing and replacing your British passport has been up and running since 2017. This online service, created by the HM Passport Office (link within the Sources section), takes you thru an excellent easy-to-follow and efficient process, guiding you each step of the way.
Can I use my old passport photo for renewal?
Because of the principles around passport photos, you will not be ready to reuse an existing digital photo, so you will have to require a replacement picture specifically for your online passport application.
What is the Charges for purchased a passport?
Rs.1,500/- for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport including additional booklet thanks to exhaustion of visa pages (36 pages) of 10 years validity.
Rs.2,000/- for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport including additional booklet thanks to exhaustion of visa pages (60 pages) of 10 years validity.
In this articles I’m provide all of the information about Renew a Passport Online with Documentation, Process and Other Information, If you have any other suggestions, You can contact us on About us page. Thank You.